By David A. Gerling
Start with a 1-quart canning jar. There are ml on one side and oz on the other side. Use one starter per each 5 gallons of juice or grape must.
- Add 100 ml of 90-100° F bottled water to the jar.
- Dissolve 5 g of Go-Ferm yeast nutrient in the water.
- Stir in one package of yeast.
- Rehydrate the yeast for 15 minutes.
- Add 400 ml of room temperature bottled water.
- Add ¼ cup corn sugar to the jar.
- Add a pinch of Fermaid-K yeast nutrient to the jar.
- Let the yeast ferment 4-5 hours (you should see bubbles after 4-5 hours).
- Add the starter to the juice or grape must.